Thursday, December 08, 2005

dear guilt-tripper...

(Grace being booed for supposed homophobia)
GRACE: Shame on you! Bad queens! Bad queens. Do you even know who you're booing? I have been devoted to you for decades. When I was a little girl, I showed you mine when you showed me yours. Even though you didn't care. When I was in high school, I showed you mine when you showed me yours, even though you didn't care. And when I was in my twenties, I slept with you, even though you still didn't care.

GRACE: [CRYING] And now, you sneer at me at the Chelsea Market, and you-- [CRYING] you throw macaroni salad at me on Christopher Street? [SOBBING] And it's so not fair, because I love you people! I have always loved you in a very unhealthy way. For my own personal development, [SOBBING] so now love me back, dammit!

No comments: